2025 Chevrolet Equinox
The Redesigned 2025 Chevrolet Equinox
For the 2025 model year, the Chevrolet Equinox SUV undergoes a transformative redesign, unveiling a robust and rugged appearance reminiscent of a scaled-down Traverse. Taller, wider, and much bolder, Chevrolet's cutting-edge 2025 Equinox epitomizes contemporary connectivity and groundbreaking safety technology, all enveloped in a visually captivating design.
At present, every member of Chevy's crossover and SUV lineup, including the Trax, Trailblazer, Blazer, and the 2024 Traverse, boasts either a fresh makeover or an entirely new iteration within the past few years. Contrasting with its predecessor, the 2025 Equinox promises a spectrum of more modern and distinctive options, featuring expansive screens, innovative safety enhancements, and of course, the introduction of the outdoor-inspired trim, ACTIV. Chevrolet is set to present the Equinox in 3 trim levels, LT, RS, and ACTIV.
The all-new Equinox ACTIV
The Equinox ACTIV showcases distinctive design elements, including a one-of-a-kind front fascia and styling details that enhance its off-road aesthetic. Boasting all-terrain tires and the option of a two-tone finish with an available white roof, the ACTIV model exudes an adventurous spirit. Alongside these features, the Equinox ACTIV package encompasses:
- Vertical grille inserts and gray metallic-finished accents
- Blacked-out badging
- 17-inch machined-face aluminum wheels
- Maple Sugar and Black interior theme, with premium Evotex and suede microfiber seating surfaces
- ACTIV embroidered on driver and passenger seat head restraints
- Available heated and ventilated front seats, rear heated outboard seats, and memory driver seat personalization
- Three unique front fascia designs – LT, RS, and ACTIV
- Angular wheel openings and pronounced fender flares for a visually robust aesthetic
- A distinctive C-pillar shark fin, creating a sense of motion for the Equinox even at rest, and a clear familial connection to the recently unveiled Traverse
- Comprehensive all-LED lighting featuring captivating elements, separated in the front and expanded both vertically and horizontally in the rear
- Diverse aluminum wheel options, starting with the standard 17-inch on LT and reaching up to the unprecedented 20-inch wheels available on RS, marking a pioneering addition for the Equinox lineup.
The RS model introduces an energetic and daring aesthetic, featuring standard black emblems and mirrors, an optional black roof, a broad grille opening, and a high-gloss finish on both the grille bar and lower fascia. The standard 19-inch Carbon Flash machined aluminum wheels further enhance its distinctive style.
Contemporary, technology-centric interior
A revamped interior conveys a more contemporary, spacious ambiance that, along with other recently introduced Chevy crossovers and SUVs, puts a stronger focus on technology and user experience.
In front of the driver is an 11-inch-diagonal configurable driver information center. Layered against the driver information center and angled slightly toward the driver is the interior focal point — a new 11.3-inch-diagonal infotainment screen that’s more than 30% larger than the largest screen offered in the current model. It’s the gateway to music, media, maps, and other connected services via Google built-in.
Elevating itself beyond other street-inspired trims, the RS model boasts unique Torch Red and Santorini Blue stitching on the Evotex seats. The front row headrests feature debossed "RS" logos, complemented by a heated, flat-bottom steering wheel. For added comfort, buyers have the option to include heated and ventilated front seats, as well as rear heated outboard seats.
Crafted with a focus on safety
In the realm of safety and driver assistance technology, the 2025 Equinox exceeds expectations, beginning with the inclusion of Chevy Safety Assist3 as a standard feature – a comprehensive suite that encompasses:
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision Alert
- Front Pedestrian and Bicyclist Braking
- Following Distance Indicator
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
Additional standard safety and driver assistance features include:
- Side Bicyclist Alert
- Rear Vision Camera
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
- Rear Cross Traffic Braking
- Rear Park Assist
- Enhanced Lane Keep Assist
Every trim incorporates Teen Driver technology. This feature enables parents to easily activate personalized vehicle settings and monitor their teen's driving performance through the myChevrolet mobile app's innovative Connected Teen Driver feature.
Under The Hood
The 2025 Chevrolet Equinox will be available with a 1.5L Turbo engine, generating 175 horsepower. This engine is coupled with a continuously variable transmission in front-wheel-drive setups, while all-wheel-drive configurations come with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Equipped with available all-wheel-drive, the Equinox demonstrates its trailering capability, boasting a maximum towing capacity of up to 1,500 pounds.
The 2025 Equinox now provides RS and ACTIV customers with driver-selectable modes, accessible through a rotator on the center console. Drivers can choose between Normal and Snow modes for FWD-equipped vehicles, while AWD adds an Off-Road mode. These drive modes adapt the propulsion system performance to optimize handling under diverse conditions.
The 2025 Chevrolet Equinox is scheduled for release in 2024. Further information, including pricing, will be disclosed closer to the commencement of production.